What is SoulCollage®?
SoulCollage® is an easy, enjoyable, intuitive collage process for self-discovery and community. People make their own decks of collaged cards for their personal use from found images. The SoulCollage® method helps people discover their unique inner/outer guides and challengers, and access their own wisdom to answer their life questions. SoulCollage® is a method used in many contexts and applications. Visit About SoulCollage® or The SoulCollage® Method and read SoulCollage® Evolving for more information.
What attracts people to SoulCollage®?
People who are attracted to SoulCollage® are usually motivated to do self-discovery and are attracted to the opportunity of doing so in community with like-minded people. They fall in love with this creative method, wherein anyone is able to make satisfying, meaningful personal art and use it to answer their own life’s questions.
Who founded SoulCollage®?
SoulCollage® was created by Founder Seena B. Frost (1932-2016). Seena was a licensed Marriage & Family therapist and held Master’s degrees in psychology and theology. Seena was a teacher and an inspiration as the SoulCollage® community grew into a worldwide organization (See History of SoulCollage®) under the guidance of Kylea Taylor and Jim Schofield, who incorporated the experience and wise counsel of SoulCollage® Trainers, SoulCollage® Facilitators, SoulCollagers, and contractors. Collectively, as a new paradigm organization, all are supporting the continuing international evolution of SoulCollage®.
What is the intention or purpose of SoulCollage®?
The intention of SoulCollage® is to offer a flexible, creative, accessible, and inclusive tool that can be used as a practice for exploring, healing, and empowering personal and collective evolution, so that each one of us can manifest our SoulEssence (our unique potential) locally and globally in increasingly balanced, compassionate, and joy-filled forms, both individually and in community. The SoulCollage® motto was written collectively by the SoulCollage® community and expresses the empowering intent of SoulCollage®: Discover Your Wisdom. Change Your World.™
What are the main activities of the SoulCollage® method?
- Making SoulCollage® cards
- Journaling with individual SoulCollage® cards
- Consulting your own SoulCollage® cards (doing SoulCollage® “Readings”)
- Sharing SoulCollage® cards, readings, and personal discoveries in community
What are the basic Principles of SoulCollage®?
The one-page “Principles of SoulCollage®” describes in brief, bulleted statements the structure of the SoulCollage® process and the basic guidelines for doing SoulCollage® with integrity. Please read these Principles before going further with the method.
What is the structure of a SoulCollage® deck?
- There are four suits which give image to “The Many” parts of our worlds. The four suits are: Committee (parts of our psyche), Community (real people or places with whom we are in relationship), Companions (our physical energies), and Council (archetypes).
- There are also three Transpersonal Cards that give image to “The One.” The Transpersonal cards are: Source, SoulEssence, and Witness.
- SoulCollagers are encouraged to make cards in all suits eventually, but there is no particular requirement for making cards. Everyone makes cards in her or his own way and time.
- There is no set number of cards in a SoulCollage® deck.
What is the World of SoulCollage® Community?
The World of SoulCollage® is the official online SoulCollage® community for the tens of thousands of dedicated SoulCollagers around the world and the more than 4,000 Facilitators in 50 countries. We built this private, ad-free, community-building social network on the Mighty Networks platform which especially supports transformational communities like ours. And there’s a mobile app! Explore the World of SoulCollage® here.
How can I learn more about how to do SoulCollage®?
- There are books, CD/audio downloads and cardmaking supplies at Hanford Mead, the Official SoulCollage® Publishers.
- There are online classes including the “Fundamentals of SoulCollage®” and many other topics.
- Sign up for the SoulCollage® public newsletter.
- There are YouTube and Vimeo videos and many Soul-cial Media™ sites (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn and more) devoted to SoulCollage®.
- Thousands of trained SoulCollage® Facilitators in 50 countries hold workshops in which you can experience making and reading your own cards in community. See Events.
Can I share the SoulCollage® process with others after I read the book?
SoulCollage® is a fun and meaningful activity to share with your family and friends. After you have read the book you may enjoy:
- Taking time to be with friends to make cards, using the “I Am One Who…” exercise, and doing a SoulCollage® “reading” together.
- Attending a SoulCollage® workshop, course or retreat together. Find Facilitators or events near you at World of SoulCollage®.
- Note: SoulCollage® is a trademarked process. Please don’t teach others to use the method until you have completed the SoulCollage® Facilitator Training. Trained SoulCollage® Facilitators are granted permission to use the SoulCollage® trademark to hold groups and workshops. They have access to many additional online resources, and experience worldwide collegiality.
What is a SoulCollage® Workshop?
- A SoulCollage® workshop….
- Is facilitated by a trained SoulCollage® Facilitator.
- Follows the “Principles of SoulCollage®.”
- Creates an environment that supports creativity, self-esteem, and cooperation, rather than competition.
- Creates as safe as possible an environment for people to freely explore and express themselves.
- Is available in many locations around the world by SoulCollage® Facilitators, both in person and online. See a listing of events.
Why is SoulCollage® trademarked?
SoulCollage® is trademarked in the USA and abroad in order to assure that everyone is able to experience the process as it was originally intended. We wanted to ensure high standards for the brand by providing excellent training for SoulCollage® Facilitators, who are the only ones who have permission to use the trademark in their workshops after completing a SoulCollage® Facilitator Training.
Who does SoulCollage®?
SoulCollage® is for everyone because it meets people wherever they are on this journey called life! No one has to be an artist in order to make SoulCollage® cards and have the satisfaction of meaningful creativity. Currently SoulCollage® is being used by Facilitators as a tool in a wide variety of contexts with diverse people.
What are the values of SoulCollage®?
Each SoulCollager has her or his own unique set of values, but we have found that most SoulCollagers value creativity, integrity, acceptance, cooperation, inclusivity, diversity, constructive and direct communication, mutual encouragement, and generous support to others. Most SoulCollagers value deep, ongoing self-discovery and community. SoulCollage® Founder Seena Frost, in her audio, SoulCollage® and Paradigm Shift, talks about the role of these new paradigm values in the evolution of human culture. Read our Solidarity Statement to learn more about our values.
What about copyright and SoulCollage®?
SoulCollage® is grateful to the artists and photographers who make this deep awakening process possible. SoulCollage® seeks to be respectful of their rights under copyright law. In addition, SoulCollage Inc. teaches emphatically:
- SoulCollage® cards are not to be copied, sold, traded, or bartered. SoulCollage® cards are for personal use only.
- SoulCollage® cards may only be copied by the card maker to provide a backup for their own original deck of collaged cards in case of loss. The SoulCollage® App may be used as this sole digital back up.
- SoulCollage® cards are to be shared publicly only when sharing one’s own personal process.
- Public posting of SoulCollage® cards made with copyrighted images may be in violation of copyright law.
- It is advisable to make some sample collaged cards from royalty-free images to use for posting publicly or marketing.
- As a community we share our cards responsibly with discernment in order, 1) to protect the rights of those who create our images, 2) to protect ourselves, and 3) to protect this community and its life-changing work.
How global is SoulCollage®?
With over 5,000 trained SoulCollage® Facilitators leading workshops in 50 countries, we have grown into a global community of many thousands who support and encourage one another on the path of healing and wholeness. As we discover our wisdom, we inevitably change our worlds. Read A Global Phenomenon and visit World of SoulCollage®, our official Online Community, to learn more.
How does C.G. Jung’s “Larger Story” relate to SoulCollage®?
When we work with our SoulCollage® deck we are able to see our personal story (Jung referred to this as our “local story”.). We are also able to begin to see how our own “local story” weaves into the “Larger Story” which connects us to all humankind as we make our unique contribution.
Is SoulCollage® therapy?
SoulCollage® is a creative educational tool, which is not in itself a therapy. Some Facilitators, who are already licensed as therapists or art therapists, may (after completing the SoulCollage® Facilitator Training) use SoulCollage® as an adjunct to the various types of therapies for which they are already licensed. However, trained SoulCollage® Facilitators do not need to be therapists to support others in their use of the SoulCollage® process for creative self-expression.
What are the ways in which SoulCollage® has been used professionally?
SoulCollage® is very adaptable and has been used with many different groups of people in various applications. Trained SoulCollage® Facilitators have brought SoulCollage® to contexts and populations they are already working with: religious groups, therapy, addictions recovery, education, business and organizational development, medical treatment, children, teens, seniors, differently-abled folks, prison, cancer treatment, hospice, conflict resolution, labyrinth, and many more. See a list of Applications and Contexts of SoulCollage® here.
What is the SoulCollage® Facilitator Training?
- The Training’s intention is to prepare and support SoulCollage® Facilitators to share the method of SoulCollage® with others.
- The Training offers a minimum of 24 class hours.
- There are no education or degree requirements to become a SoulCollage® Facilitator.
- Please see SoulCollage® Training Pre-requisites for how to prepare for the Facilitator Training.
- Trainings are held throughout the world by officially designated SoulCollage® Trainers.
- See a schedule of SoulCollage® Facilitator Trainings.
How does one become a SoulCollage® Trainer?
The five-year Apprenticeship as a SoulCollage® Trainer is by invitation only. Potential Trainers are invited to apply based on group consideration of a number of factors. These include: at least two years’ experience as an active SoulCollage® Facilitator, contribution to the SoulCollage® Facilitator Community, demonstrated need for another Trainer, language skills, geographical residence, enthusiasm, existing presentation skills, experience, willingness, demonstrated values and skills in working cooperatively and creatively in community, and personal and professional references.
What is the role of SoulCollage Inc. with the worldwide SoulCollage® Community?
SoulCollage Inc. exists to be in service to the worldwide SoulCollage® Community. Its goal is to provide a flexible structure to nurture the growth of SoulCollage® so it can empower increasing numbers of people throughout the world to use their own intuition to guide their own lives and find their unique role(s) contributing to collective humanity. Jim and Kylea who own the company do all they can to facilitate evolutionary leadership among the entrepreneurs (SoulCollage® Facilitators, SoulCollage® Trainers, and SoulCollage® Virtual Assistants and volunteers) in the SoulCollage® Community so that new paradigm organizational values are sustained as the community evolves and scales. See also above: What are the values of SoulCollage®?
What do I need to know if I want to write about SoulCollage®?
Journalists, bloggers, social networkers, videographers, and those writing books or articles about SoulCollage®, should…
- Write “SoulCollage®” as one word, not two, using the registered trademark symbol.
- Capitalize and italicize “I Am One Who…”
- Call SoulCollage® cards “SoulCollage® cards”, rather than some shortened version of that term, in order to avoid confusion with other products and techniques.
- Attribute the SoulCollage® process to its Founder, Seena B. Frost, and link readers to her book and the official SoulCollage® international website: www.soulcollage.com.
- Be conscious of copyright issues when selecting personal cards to illustrate your writing in a public way. (See copyright section above.)
- In an appropriate location on blogs, websites and in articles, include the statement, “SoulCollage® cards are not to be copied, sold, traded, or bartered. SoulCollage® cards are for personal use only.”
- Quoting or paraphrasing:
If you quote Seena B. Frost (from her books, audios, or other materials), or quote Seena or other Facilitators from SoulCollage® Training materials or other original works in articles, handouts, electronic media, or publications, please make proper attribution and cite the source either at the point of inclusion with the name of the source, or provide that information with a footnote, or at the end of the text as an endnote, using an asterisk or a footnote number. Permission of an author or publisher is needed for use of more than a brief citation.
Questions? Contact us for more information.