Version 2.0 of the SoulCollage® App has been released!
See below for a list of upgrades and improvements. Thank you to everyone who sent in their feedback and suggestions about how we might improve the App! You can update it through the App Store just like any other app.
Please note the following important information.
- BE SURE to back up your data before updating the App. In spite of what should happen as per #2 below, things can go wrong when an App is updated. Having a backup provides an extra measure of protection at all times, especially when making changes. Delete the old version of the App before updating. If you delete the old version, all of your App data will be deleted and you will have to restore it through iTunes from your previous backup, after downloading the new version of the App. On the other hand, if you simply update the App without deleting the old version, all of your data should remain intact.
- DO NOT delete the old version of the App before updating. If you delete the old version, all of your App data will be deleted, and you will have to restore it from your previous backup after downloading the new version of the App. On the other hand, if you simply update the App without deleting the old version, all of your data should remain intact.
Version 2 Improvements
- Improved Backup and Restore. Backups can be saved to the Files App directly on the device or saved elsewhere via AirDrop, email, or text with just a few steps. Restore is greatly simplified, requiring only a few steps to retrieve the backup from the Files App and no longer requiring connection to a Mac or PC.
- Synching of data between devices through the iCloud. This is similar to Backup and Restore, but it sends a copy of the data to the iCloud and can be done in fewer steps. It Is especially useful for people with multiple devices who want to update frequently from one device to another. In order to give the user better control of the data and to prevent corruption of the data when two or more devices get out of sync, the syncing process is not automatic. Instead, the user can send data to or retrieve data from the iCloud with just a few taps.
- New, cleaner design to bring the card images into prominence.
- Improved Slideshow, with speed control and the ability to pause and scroll to examine a particular card.
- Ability to zoom in or out when viewing a card image to see greater detail by pinching the image.
- Implementation of standard iOS navigation tools for closing a screen or returning to the previous screen.
- Implementation of standard iOS text tools for entering notes, including cut, copy, paste, microphone dictation, and translation.
- Version 2 will now run on a Mac computer, as well as on the iPad and iPhone. Only the recent M1 and M2 Macs will support this. Download the App from the Mac App Store if your Mac supports iOS apps.
Many people ask how many cards the App can support. There is no absolute answer to this, as it depends upon the speed of your device, the amount of available memory on the device, and the complexity of the card images. Newer devices with plenty of memory will support hundreds of cards. One Member of the SoulCollage® community reports having over 700 cards in the App and that it is functioning with no issues. Please send us your feedback (firstname.lastname@example.org) about the number of cards in your deck. Thanks!